Skip to main content

patching a hole - my way

My husband is really hard on clothes.  It still shocks me how often he has a wardrobe turnover, because I am still wearing clothes from my college years.  There have probably been about 5 occasions when he has walked through our front door with his pants split open or a sleeve of his shirt ripped up.  Like the time when he decided to take a bicycle for a test ride when he was wearing his expensive (tight fitting) work pants....they split right up the butt seam.  I still laugh about that when I remember it.

But anyway, I have had a pile of his clothes sitting on my sewing table to be fixed and I made some time yesterday to tackle the mending.  Most were shorts with little holes and I could use an iron on patch on the inside.  But this pair had a bigger hole, right by a bulky seam and I couldn't get my machine to maneuver in the right spot.  So I added a little heart patch on the outside.
When I showed it to him he said, "hey, you do love me".  So nice to be appreciated.

Comments