Skip to main content

fresh homemade christmas gifts

Now the cat's out of the bag.  My friends and family are getting homemade hot chocolate mixes this year!  Because of holiday travel schedules I had to get some of them done pretty early so I might as well post the pictures now.
My idea started this year when I saw how many baby food jars started piling up in our recycling bin.  I wanted to repurpose some of them and I knew I could come up with some kind of mix.  I layered hot chocolate mix on the bottom, milk chocolate shavings in the middle (using a vegetable peeler makes this a piece of cake!), and marshmallows on top.
After I got the jars all cleaned and dried, I covered the lids with a few layers using my circle and scalloped circle punches.  I printed out the labels on my favorite recycled paper from Neenah, and adhered with double sided tape.  And to finish them off I cut out circles of festive Christmas fabric and tied it off with green twine from The Twinery.

Comments

listgirl said…
Aww your jars are so cute! We totally did the same thing, LOL. We did homemade hot chocolate mix in mason jars. Great minds think alike.
handmade_cass said…
Todd should be bringing one home. And I was actually inspired by your delicious homemade mix from last year!