Skip to main content

fresh christmas card debate

Handmade Christmas cards or photo cards...


I have been going back and forth for weeks.  And now here it is a month before I want to get my cards out and I still haven't started anything handmade yet.  Here is the issue - I know that I am going to include a photo with the card anyway, and I have a credit at Shutterfly to print enough photo cards for everyone on our list (about 35).  So do I take the easy way out and do them all there?  Or do I divide the list and make some cards?  If so, then who would get the handmade ones - people I like or don't like?  Just kidding.  I like everyone on our list.  But seriously.  Don't know what to do.


11/19/2011 Update
I ended up ordering 15 cards on Shutterfly and I'm hoping they get here soon so I can see if I like them.  If so then I'll just order the rest and be done with it.  But I should probably get started on a few cards just in case.  I already have the photo file ready to print at Costco with any of my own cards.  It was my first big project in Photoshop (not that big).  I may be addicted to adding text and snowflakes to pictures now!
All four photos were taken by the amazing Narrative Images photographers.  And thank you to Listgirl for helping me to find some snowflake brushes!

Comments

listgirl said…
Photoshop adventure looked like a big success! Love the snowflakes you picked and your photos are so adorable!

Deciding on handmade cards this year meant so many more hours of work for me. But I bought the stuff and felt like I had to do it, LOL.