Skip to main content

CHA Winter 2013 - fresh crafts favorites

I was really glad that Craft Critique was re-launched right before the CHA Winter 2013 show, because the timing was perfect for me to attend as a reporter.  It is such a special conference for any crafter to attend - full of all the latest and greatest products, tons of inspiration and projects, and even some celebrity crafters.  Here is just a small portion of what I saw.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Amy Tangerine
At CHA I made a beeline to the American Crafts booth to check out the new Amy Tangerine line "Yes Please".
 
fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Amy Tangerine
LOVE the new stitching kit from the "Yes Please" line.  This set has chevrons too!

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Amy Tangerine
Amy was doing a make and take project, so we could test out the stitching kit.
 
fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Amy Tangerine
Loved the Amy Tangerine travel kit that I have seen online.  Perfect for vacation mini books!

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Dear Lizzy
Smitten with the colors and patterns in "Lucky Charm" from Dear Lizzy and American Crafts.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 POW Glitter Paper
My favorite color is glitter.  And I can't believe how awesome the POW glitter paper is - so perfect for die cutting.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 American Crafts
This glitter was a little too bold and chunky for me, but I was so amazed by it I had to take a picture.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Studio Calico
Studio Calico has some great chevron Mister Huey masks and animal wood veneers.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Lawn Fawn
Already placed my pre-order for the ombre Lawn Trimmings twine from Lawn Fawn.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Lawn Fawn
The Lawn Fawn booth had a great make and take using the Summertime Charm stamp set.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Lawn Fawn
I got the chance to talk to Kelly Marie for a bit and she was so great!  Loved how they designed the new coordinating dies to be so easy to use.

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Lawn Fawn
I also have this die set on pre-order at Simon Says Stamp.  Will save so much time when I don't have to fussy cut the Critters in the Forest stamp set.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Lawn Fawn
I think the Quinn alphabet stamp and die set are going to be another stamping "must have" from Lawn Fawn.

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Clover
Clover was showing off the new range of Kanzashi flower makers.  The templates work very similarly to yo-yo makers, but you just do one petal at a time.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Clover
Clover was also demonstrating the Clam Shell Accessories Cases.  The demonstrator suggested using the smallest size for leaving a tooth for the tooth fairy - great idea!

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Basic Grey
Loved the graphics in the Basic Grey booth.  Ideas for when my little girl needs a big girl room...

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 EK Punches
Super duper excited that EK Success is offering the whole range of circle punches in the new slim shape.  I have been waiting for these!


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Perler
The EK Success booth also hooked me with a doughnut - and then I learned about the i-Pegboard that lets you design with your iPad and Perler beads.  I see this in my future.  As long as they keep offering the doughnut design. :)


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Tim Holtz
I love watching Tim Holtz's technique videos online - so seeing him in person was a treat.  He had a swarm of groupies around him that wouldn't budge.  The new Distress Paints look pretty fun.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Ranger
The Ranger booth had some really great displays that Tim Holtz created.  I even loved the color samples for his Distress Stains.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Ranger
I fell in love with the Starry Night color on the Stickles color chart.  It is perfect for a project I'm dreaming up.  So I already went out and bought it.  Naturally.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013
I am sorry to say that I didn't note which booth this was a part of, but I love the glittered letters and clothespin.  The fringe on the music sheet layer is so great too.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Silhouette
I knew that I wanted the Silhouette Cameo, but seeing this on display really finalized my decision.  It's a must have this year.


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Silhouette
More from the Silhouette booth.  I loved seeing all the creative ways they used the vinyl to decorate.

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013
Paper garlands that remind me of a project from Dawn McVey.  Will absolutely make these for the next party I throw.  Maybe for my own birthday!

fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Maya Road
The Maya Road booth did a make and take with this fringed tulle trim.  You could do SO much with this stuff. 


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 GCD Studios
GCD Studios is new to me, but the Sunkissed display drew me in. 


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 ILoveToCreate
I Love To Create had a huge booth and this wall of tissue paper pom poms and garlands made a great photo backdrop. 


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Sizzix
The Sizzix booth had a small section dedicated to die cutting for quilts and applique.  Loved this display!


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013 Tulip Tie-Dye
A rainbow of tie-dyes onesies from Tulip. 


fresh crafts blog: CHA 2013
And a beautiful sunset over the Pacific on my drive home.  What a fun day!

Comments

listgirl said…
Sigh, loved your roundup! I was on CHA-high for a couple of weeks afterwards!