Skip to main content

crafty gifts

It was a very happy Christmas for our family.  We were lucky enough to get to spend time with both families - my daughter was spoiled by her grandparents in Hawaii and then again by my entire family here. And it was a very crafty Christmas for me!  There were a few themes this year...


Matryoshka Christmas
On the left is the awesome packaging that my mom found at World Market.  She even saved the extra tissue and wrapping paper for me!  And on the right are the tapes that I had seen on etsy as well as this amazing matryoshka nativity fabric.  I am hoping to make a tree skirt with that.


Handmade Christmas
My hipster brother just recently moved to Portland and I think he loves all the handmade shops there.  He spoiled me with these rolled rose felt hairclips  and a felted wool ring - not to mention the earrings with vintage beads.


And my youngest brother who has dappled in the culinary arts decided to give me a homemade dessert every month!  That is like my dream gift, because I LOVE eating but can do without the cooking and cleaning.


And my husband got another Smash book for me.  Out of all the colors he picked the green one that I had my eye on!


Too much good stuff!  And lots of time with family, which is my favorite part (along with the cookies).  I am still trying to get our house back in order.  More crafting once I can clean up a bit.

Comments