Skip to main content

san diego quilt run

A bunch of ladies in my family have been going on quilt runs for a few years now and this was my first time joining them. Glad I did - it was really fun! We left at 8AM yesterday morning to drive north for an hour to get to the first store and then 10 hours later ended at our 10th store for the day! It was quite a feat. But I got to see 7 stores that I had never been to - most of them fabulous and ones that I plan to go to many more times (a few not so much).

I fell in love with all of the colorful quilting and projects artfully displayed at Starry Night Hollow Quilts & Crafts. Loved walking through each room in this converted house and was so happy to see a whole rack of 1930's reproduction prints.


Near the end of our adventure we ran from our car in the rain to get to get to The Country Loft - another store that used to be a little bungalow house. The fabrics here weren't really my style, but I loved their selection of wool and wool felt and fell in love with a bunch of the penny rugs they had on display.


This is most of the fabric that I came home with. I had to stop buying about half way through the trip! But I have more than enough to make a couple aprons and who knows what else. The best part of the quilt run was the extended sale sections that most stores had. 4 out of the 5 fabrics below were marked down by 30%-50% (only the one on the right wasn't). I also got a pattern to make a really cute outfit for a little girl, as well as a panel to make a Mother Goose book. More on that to follow...


We ended the quilt run at Rosie's Calico Cupboard (one of my favorites) and were treated to a double rainbow! And a special note about Rosie's - for the quilt run they had about 10 table set up with "Staff Stash" sale items. Lots of cuts that the staff had in their own collections that they are selling. It was lots of fun looking through all of those - I didn't even have time to get through the whole 1930's print section before we were leaving for dinner.


And what could be better than ending the day at a local favorite for dinner? I had some Matzo Ball soup and brought home a bunch of cookies to eat while we all spread out the days purchases and fawned over everything. Better get started using it all up!


Comments