Skip to main content

fresh valentines with vintage supplies

I wanted to make Valentine's Day cards for my kids and turned it into a personal challenge to use some older supplies. (I'm not afraid to admit that I love collecting craft supplies even more than I love using them.) It's hard to remember but I'm pretty sure I had all of these things before having kids, which makes them at least 10 years old.
Patterned paper is one of those things that I have way too much of and should never buy more of. However, my tastes have totally changed since I started paper crafting. I used to love Basic Grey and their heavily distressed patterns. Now I lean more cute or clean and simple (think Lawn Fawn). This Basic Grey "Oh Baby Girl" collection was unopened, and perfect for fussy cutting some stamped letters.
Last week I was really inspired by Jennifer McGuire's video about pattern paper piecing. Isn't it funny how I tried so hard to conserve every last bit of this paper when it has just been sitting on a shelf for the last 10 years? Old habits...
During my Basic Grey phase, I was also really into Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas that he did every December. So I had to have this tag die for making my own distressed tags. I used more Basic Grey patterned paper to cut four tags. I'm turning each one into a ticket that our kids can use for a fun outing with each parent.
I was crazy for these Hero Arts alphabet stamps when they came out! I don't even remember using them very much, but I made sure to have the letters to spell a few words and my initials. Now I wish I had more letters! Let me know if you have any you aren't using.

Comments