Skip to main content

"there's a bun in the oven" baby cards

There must be something in the air right now, because I have a bunch of girlfriends that are all expecting babies this summer and fall.  So I decided to send some happy mail to these special ladies and try out some new stamps and craft supplies.


I fell in love with the oven image on this Lawn Fawn stamp set and then the sentiment really sealed the deal.  Everything else just came together in 5 minutes increments while unpacking and keeping my toddler from destroying anything in my new craft room.
fresh crafts blog: "bun in the oven" baby cards
This is the sentiment from the same stamp set that I used on the inside.
fresh crafts blog: "bun in the oven" baby cards
I used my Copic markers to color the oven images and found out the hard way that they smeared the new black ink I was using for the first time (Hero Hues Dye Ink).  I have always used black Memento with Copics in the past, but I thought this would be safe since it is a die ink...no such luck.  Stick with Memento Dye Ink for Copic markers.  Even after drying overnight, see the bleeding on the muffins and the line at the bottom of the oven.
fresh crafts blog: "bun in the oven" baby cards
I also had some fun stamping the envelopes with a new Simon Says Stamp exclusive stamp set.  And I pulled out my distress inks to try to create an ombre line of hearts.  Still working on that technique.
fresh crafts blog: "bun in the oven" baby cards
Supplies
Stamps: Lawn Fawn "Plus One", Simon Says Stamp "Envelope Setiments" 
Ink: Hero Arts "Hero Hues Dye Ink", Ranger "Tim Holtz Distress Ink"
Washi Tape: American Crafts "Dear Lizzy Mixtape", Target
Cardstock: Wausau "Bright White", American Crafts "Dear Lizzy Neapolitan", Glitz "Hello Friend"
fresh crafts blog: "bun in the oven" baby cards

Comments

jaynine said…
I was wondering, you seem like the supply lady to ask...What washi tape company do you purchase from? Who would you suggest maybe if you know, has the cheapest international shipping? I am in Canada and there are just NO STYLISH sites for washi tape I feel to order from. Thank you for your time energy and shares!,,
handmade_cass said…
I have a few suggestions, but I'm not sure if any will be different in Canada. Target has the cheapest sets of washi tape, at 4 rolls for $4 in a few different color sets (in their office supply aisle). Freckled Fawn is a site online that has the biggest selection I've seen - can you access that one? The rest of my collection has come from monthly scrapbook kits or local scrapbook stores. eBay would be another place to look with cheaper shipping to Canada. Hope that helps!