Skip to main content

chalkboard paint - failed first attempt

I saw this pin on Pinterest recently that had me inspired to make some chalkboard painted gift tags.  Unfortunately I saw it the same day I was going to give my mom a birthday present.  Needless to say it was a rushed endeavor.
Martha Stewart chalkboard paint on wood tags
First I sanded the wood tags a bit to make sure all of the bar code sticker residue was removed.  Then I did a thin first coat, using the Martha Stewart Chalkboard Craft Paint.  Followed that with a thick second coat to speed things along.  But the second coat never really dried before I handed over the gift.  The tags were still shiny and a little bit tacky to the touch...with no writing on them!

Hopefully attempt number two will go more smoothly.  I also picked up some fun chalk markers for the next time.

Comments