Skip to main content

fresh obsession - matryoshka everything!

Ever since I went to Alaska last year, I have been a little obsessed with matryoshka dolls.  I got these two sets while we were there (both made in Russia).
 The bigger set in the back was from a fancy Russian store in Alaska, and I picked it because the dolls all have red hair like me.  Then afterwards the cruise we were on had some pretty inexpensive sets, so I got the set with strawberries and an itty-bitty baby doll.
Frank!  Who knocked over the itty-bitty one?
You can see just how tiny it is here.  The head is smaller than a pencil eraser.


And I get a little thrill every time I see matryoshka designs online.  Apparently they are becoming quite popular in the crafty world.  Look what I found...


I love EVERYTHING about this post from Polka Dot Prints Studio.  And I want to throw a party just so I can use these invitations and somehow find a way to get these cookies here all the way from Australia.
Photobucket
Image credit: Naomi V Photography via polkadotprintsstudio.blogspot.com
I asked for these Japanese tapes for Christmas.  Although I'm thinking about making a trip over to Mitsuwa Marketplace to see I can find them there.
Image credit: http://www.etsy.com/shop/beautifulwork
I just bought this plastic set for my daughter on eBay.  I swear it's for her and not me!


I also ordered a custom matryoshka stamp on etsy.com.  I'll have to add a picture as soon as it gets here!
*10/1/2011 update* The custom stamp is awesome and I can't believe how fast it got here!

Comments