Skip to main content

baby shower invites - forest animals

Spent the last week making some baby shower invitations and I love them!  Pink vellum overlay with a Stampin' Up woodgrain background in pink pearl ink, and a couple forest animals from Hero Arts and Amuse.  To keep it from being "too pink" I used copper accents with the ribbon and some punched leaves (Marvy Uchida punch with Stardream metallic paper).  The cardstock backing is 100% recycled, as is the kraft envelope.  I showed my husband and he actually giggled when he saw the squirrels.  


I've also been sewing some bedding for the crib in our baby room.  The fabric on the top right (from Alexander Henry) is the main one and I have some green batik fabric and an orange print that coordinate like a dream!  Right now I have all the pieces cut and in various states of assembly for a bumper and crib skirt.  Also bought some coordinating fleece for a stuffed hedgehog toy that I saw in Stitch magazine - which is my new favorite!  More pictures to come once I finish something.  


And when I was cleaning out my fabric stash I noticed a large number of fruit prints that I'll have to make into something.  I actually love these prints so much that I ordered a few bibs from etsy that use the same lines: berry bib & burp cloth, doughnuts bib, dachshund bib.  Etsy is the best for the busy (okay I'll admit that I can be lazy) crafter!


Also gearing up for a quilt show next weekend that a bunch of my family members have quilts in.  Can't wait to see them!

Comments