Skip to main content

baby shower banner

It feels so good to finish a project!  I had this banner done in almost one afternoon and I was so proud.  I had seen a Martha Stewart project for a baby shower that had a mini flag banner as a table decoration and wanted to do something similar but on a bit bigger scale.  So when I found myself with a Sunday afternoon to work on crafts (because it was WAY too hot outside) I dove right in.
I remembered that I had some Basic Grey chipboard letters from a while back and was happy to learn that they are self-adhesive!  Did a quick paint job with some Adironack acrylic paint on my trust craft mat.
Followed that with a generous coating of the Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint in my favorite copper color.  It took a long time for that layer to dry and crackle - but you can see that it turned out pretty nice!  After about an hour I sanded the edges to get rid of any excess and they were ready to stick right onto the flags.
I had a stack of fall themes cardstock that was perfect for the project, and punched the white circles out of some extra Stardream paper that I had on my craft table.  The flowers were made out of crepe paper streamers and the extra pieces of chipboard from my letters.  Then I strung it all together on some gardening twine.  Quick, easy, and cheap!!
I'm thinking about making a few more plain flag banners before the shower - skipping the letters will make them even faster.  And I think they're the perfect mix of rustic and crafty.

Comments