Skip to main content

fresh crafting against the clock

Almost every Friday morning I have a babysitter come over for two hours to distract the little one.  I originally thought I would clean the house and feel great about it.  But it turned into a two hour vacation in my craft area.  I try to get as much done as I can and feel like I am racing the clock.  But I've always worked better under pressure.  If only I could get those Christmas cards started...


I have next Friday all planned out already.  I am going to read up on Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas ahead of time (for all the new techniques) and get as many tags done as I can.  I love this series on his blog!  And my wish list of supplies is growing every day he does a new one.


Today I wanted to use up the rest of my twine zig-zags since I worked so hard on them.  The layout has a similar feel to the original but I needed a birthday card this time.
Chevron patterned birthday card
I also wanted to package it up in my new favorite envelope - a glassine bag sealed with washi tape.
front view in the glassine bag/envelope

back view in the glassine bag, sealed with washi tape
Supplies
Cardstock: Neenah Paper, baker's twine: The Twinery, sentiment stamp: Paper Source, washi tape: Martha Stewart, glassine bag: purchased on eBay

Comments