Skip to main content

fresh design team submission

Something new for me!  I am dedicating more time to my crafts now and have started submitting some projects for publication and design teams.  I recently did a few new projects for The Twinery's design team application, and I would love to share them.
Chevron patterned Christmas card and matching envelope set.
I have been loving the Chevron patterns that are popping up everywhere and this idea came to me right before I went to sleep one night last week.  I used American Crafts double-sided tape to adhere the twine in strips.  Then cut into the proper shapes and adhered to the card.  The twine is from The Twinery and Thickers letters are from American Crafts.


Quick tip: If you plan to make your own chevron pattern, it is really helpful to have a line guide so your pattern doesn't get too crooked.  My first attempt went off track really quickly (you can see it in the corner below), so I used some post-it strips as a guide to keep me in line.




Rosemary Christmas tree with twine and button garland.
Then I needed to make a hostess gift for a holiday party.  To spruce up the rosemary tree I added a star on top and wrapped the pot in burlap.  The button garland uses twine from The Twinery and buttons from Papertrey Ink.

Homemade hot chocolate mix in repurposed jars.
And lastly, my homemade holiday gift this year is a hot chocolate and marshmallow mix in a repurposed baby food jar.  It is topped with fabric and a twine bow, then wrapped up in a box with kraft paper.  The tag uses a stamp from Stampin' Up and twine from The Twinery.

Comments