Skip to main content

fresh roses and a wreath

I found the most beautiful wreath at my local craft store a few weeks ago - made of natural wood shavings in the shape of roses.  I had to wait for it to go on sale, but my husband brought it home for me as a present last week!  Before you think he is telepathic, just know that my mom coached him.


So I had the wreath at home and it even had a protective layer of clear spray paint on it, but I was too scared that it would get ruined outside on our front door.  Destiny stepped in and I found a really pretty mini version of the wreath in red at Target!  So I am going to hang that one on our front door and keep the big one inside year round.  (I'll have to do a separate post on my many attempts to get it hung up.)
The funny thing is that my husband came home and thought that I had painted the one he gave me red.  Even though it's about half the size.  Silly men.  Of course I DID add some Smooch Spritz to the red wreath because I think every Christmas decoration should have at least a hint of sparkle.  The Cherry Ice color gave it a really subtle gold sheen.
And then I felt even more special when my girlfriend brought over some roses from a photo shoot that she was doing.  It is a beautiful arrangement with red berries and it's making my table look 100% more festive.
Still hoping to squeeze in a few more Christmas crafts, all the decorations for my daughter's first birthday party, wrapping presents, and flying to see my in-laws.  It's going to be busy around here!

Comments