Skip to main content

s'more fun with friends: a crafting saga

S'more fun with friends 🍫

This card was a labor of love. After a long weekend of family camping (which is not my favorite thing), I had three hours set aside for crafting to recharge my batteries. Read until the end if you want the plot twist in this saga.

@handmade_cass S'more Fun With Friends

Everything started out well, with a gold paint splattered background on navy cardstock. I cut Lawn Fawn's "Forest Backdrop" die on woodgrain cardstock.

@handmade_cass S'more Fun With Friends

Some of the other shapes from that set (moon, stars, trees) and "S'more the Merrier" were die cut on plain white cardstock (Neenah Solar White) to color with Copic markers. I used Lawn Fawn patterned paper to make grass and cut the tent from "Build-A-Campsite".

@handmade_cass S'more Fun With Friends

At this point I was getting near the end of my dedicated three hours for crafting. I hurried to heat emboss a sentiment on the starry sky background after everything else was assembled and adhered. Disaster...

@handmade_cass S'more Fun With Friends

I messed up the order of the sentiment words! So mad at myself, I had to sit with it for a few days to come up with an idea to cover it up. I had to cut two of the clear stamps to get the words to fit on these clouds, but it turned out great!

@handmade_cass S'more Fun With Friends

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn "S'more the Merrier" stamp set
Lawn Fawn "Forest Backdrop" die set
Lawn Fawn "Build-A-Campsite" die set
Lawn Fawn "Spring Showers" die set
Lawn Fawn "Jet Black" ink
Copic Sketch markers
Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
Neenah Solar White 80 lb. cardstock
Woodgrain cardstock
Lawn Fawn patterned papers
Navy cardstock
Finetec Gold paint set
Versamark ink
WOW Super Fine white embossing powder
Hero Arts "Unicorn  White" ink
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool

Comments