Skip to main content

play mailbox & fabric envelopes with stamps

While on vacation earlier this year, my daughter fell in love with a play mailbox that included some letters and postcards with velcro stamps. When she kept talking about it a week later I knew that I had to make one for her. So this was her Valentine's Day present this year.
fresh crafts blog - play mailbox

I found a wooden mailbox at Joann that had magnets on the door and a flag that moved - perfect! She insisted that the color of the mailbox should be blue because that was the color of the one she originally liked. It was easy to take the mailbox apart for painting and finishing it with a couple coats of clear spray paint (my new favorite thing!).
fresh crafts blog - play mailbox

And she was happy to help me go through some fabric scraps to find good pieces for her "envelopes". My favorite part are the snail stamps. 
fresh crafts blog - fabric envelopes
She has actually played with this so much more than I expected! This kid loves getting mail just as much as I do. If you ask her what kind of mail she gets in her mailbox, she will usually tell you that she got an invitation to a party from our wiener dog.

Comments