Skip to main content

fresh {vintage} typewriter

I have a typewriter to call my own again!  Back when I was a kid I had this little blue typewriter that I would use to write stories and generally make a mess when I tried to "fix" the ink ribbon.  Unfortunately the typewriter did not survive my childhood.  Not long ago I decided that I MUST get my hands on a typewriter again so I can use it for journaling in my scrapbooks.

Since I couldn't afford the beautifully restored Royal pink one, I found a much more affordable one on eBay.  And boy was I surprised when it arrived!  Not only was it it really good working order (just needed a new ribbon and a tune-up), but it has script letters instead of the typical typewriter font.  I still haven't decided if that is a good thing or not...since I really had my heart set on the "look" of typed journaling spots.



So for now I am practicing my typing and getting everything set up to get started on my first mini book for my baby girl.  Planning to have a page or two for each month of her first year so I can include pictures and write about her milestones.  More to come...


And while I was waiting for my typewriter to get its tune up completed I picked up this really fun typewriter stamp by Hero Arts.  I don't have any sentiments to match it yet - like "just my type" - but plan to get at least one of those next.  Had fun coloring it pink with my Copics which haven't been used in many, many months.

Comments

eileen hull said…
Cassandra- I have a cool old blue ABC typewriter that I found for a dollar at a sale a while ago. Do you mind sharing where you found the ribbon for yours? Mine needs a new one. Thanks!
handmade_cass said…
Eileen - you scored a great deal! I have seen universal ribbons for about $7 on eBay. But I got mine from. A local guy that does typewriter repair. Are you in San Diego by any chance?