Skip to main content

getting organized

I would love to spend every day working on craft projects.  But I usually get to a point every few months where I avoid my craft area entirely because it has become such a mess.  I was at that point this weekend.  So I spent a couple hours today filing away new scrapbook papers, storing fabrics I got for my birthday, recycling old magazines, deciding which product catalogs I want to keep (from CHA), and making a nice big pile of stuff to give away.
I also came up with a pile of craft books that I really want to read but haven't had the time.  One quilting book, one with quilting stitches I want to learn for applique, another with felt projects (lots of pincushions), two on making books, and one with some great travel scrapbook ideas.  Now I just need to find some time...
I also have a new fabric obsession.  My husband's grandmother made this pillow and I just recently put it out in our living room.  Every time I see it I can't help but think of how that lavender fabric on the top looks just like a hydrangea.  I have to find some for my first applique project!

Comments