Skip to main content

fresh pumpkins {and gourds}

I love pumpkins!  In fact I love pumpkins way more than I like Halloween.  And I was so excited to get my October Martha Stewart to see what kind of pumpkin ideas she had this year.  This one was by far my favorite...and it's not even a pumpkin.  A mummy gourd.
And since I saw this right before we took a family trip to the Bate's Nut Farm for pumpkins, I made sure to pick out a gourd too!
My mom came up with this great idea for the eyes - just a small blob of wall patch/putty rolled into a ball with a black headed pin stuck through it.  Then all you need is a roll of white crepe paper streamers and you're ready to mummify.
I think he is pretty awesome.  Although Martha's mummy wrapping looks better.  If I had free time I would probably re-do the wrapping.  But I don't.  So it's perfect!

Comments

Emily Leiphart said…
I love your mummy gourds and the photo of your sweetie is adorable!
handmade_cass said…
Thanks Emily! I just got another email from Martha with an idea for a vampire pumpkin and I think I'll be trying that one next.
Just letting you know the page is up and you've been featured! Thank you!