Skip to main content

amy tangerine class at paper tales

I'm still giddy after taking my first crafty class since I had my little baby (10 months ago!).  I saw that Paper Tales had added a last minute class with Amy Tangerine and called the same morning to make sure I could join in the fun.  She gave us supply bags packed with tons of scrapbook goodies, mostly from her line with American Crafts.
And she taught a few great techniques I have used in sewing but are new to me for scrapbooking.  We made yo-yos without the plastic tool thingy and it was really easy!
Also did some stitching using this great crochet thread that is just a bit thicker than embroidery floss.  I need to find a local store that carries it!
And two more layouts that I am still working on.  Also need to add journaling to the two above.


Oh and I should also say that the class was for four 12x12 layouts but I scaled them way down so I can use them in a 6x6 book I am working on.


And since I was at one of my favorite craft stores I had to get a few extra things from the Amy Tangerine line: one sheet of the adhesive fabric paper (below), a couple sheets of chevron printed paper, and another package of that awesome MixTape that we used in class.  I had to have the one with the orange chevrons (below)...

Comments

listgirl said…
Yay, glad you had fun at the class! I just got the Amy Tangerine orange chevron mixtape this week in my Studio Calico box. Yay for chevron!
handmade_cass said…
The ladies in class were talking about Studio Calico. I need to look into it mire. Do you get monthly kits? Or pick and choose what you want?
amytangerine said…
this is so fantastic! thanks for posting. love how your 6X6's turned out. Studio Calico is wonderful. I started by just getting the kits I wanted but realized that some were selling out super quick so I became a subscriber. love getting a package every month. the september kit (glee club) is a personal favorite and they still have some! the exclusive thickers are my all time faves!
handmade_cass said…
Glee club is sold out now, but I adore those Thickers!! I'll have to start a subscription so I don't miss out next time. Thanks for the input ladies.
Veena said…
Each new blog I see of yours is just wonderful and each one reflects the blog so well
listgirl said…
So sorry I'm just now seeing this, LOL. You had asked me about Studio Calico kit club back in October?! I had no idea you were talking to me on your blog because I didn't subscribe to the comments. Ugh. Anyways, I started subscribing back in October and I'm still a subscriber. Every month the kits are awesome and I end up getting more stuff to add to my box. It's awful! :p