Skip to main content

Roald Dahl Day - celebrating with kids

Penguin Books reached out to see if I wanted to participate in a Roald Dahl Day celebration by doing a themed craft. How could I resist? Reading and crafting are my two favorite activities!
I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and wanted to make some glittery candy treats. But my daughter (age 4) was very insistent that she only wanted to do watercolor painting today. So a quick online search led me to a great selection of Roald Dahl coloring pages.
My daughter is still a bit young for these, but she loves books and i am just teaching her how to sound out the letters in words. So maybe we can try them for bedtime reading soon.
How fun is this golden ticket? Hopefully by next year's celebration - September 13th - we will have started reading these big kid books. I really hope to instill in my kids a deep appreciation for books and reading!

Comments