Skip to main content

love at first mist (mister huey that is)

I just recently got my hands on a few bottles of Mister Huey's sprays and I have to say - now I know what the fuss is about.  I resisted for a long time because I told myself that I enough "sparkle" sprays.  But that fact that these ones aren't too shiny is actually one of my favorite things about them.  Best features after one use:

  • You don't have to spend 5 minutes shaking up the non-shiny colors (no pigment piles at the bottom).  Just a quick shake and then spray!
  • The bottle wasn't half gone after one use - sorry Smooch Spritz but you know it's true.
  • The non-blobby parts dried quickly.  I still need to work on those blobby parts...
My orange ombre, courtesy of Mister Huey's sprays and the chevron mask from Studio Calico.
One of my only complaints about the Mister Huey's sprays is lack of an all-inclusive color chart.  I literally searched for an hour before placing my online order, but alas, I managed to order two colors that are almost identical - Sunset and Boss Lady.
Mister Huey's colors: Sunset, Boss Lady, and Gold
And I tried so hard to wait until it was dry before I removed the mask, but I made one of the big blobs smear, and I think it had leaked under the mask anyway.  Still pretty happy with my first try!
Didn't wait until it was dry to remove the mask...
This is what I made.  A quick side fold card that highlights the ombre pattern with the chevron mask.
Supplies:
Calypso Coral cardstock and ink - Stampin' Up
Mister Huey's Spray - Studio Calico/American Crafts
Chevron Mask - Studio Calico

Comments

listgirl said…
The gold is so pretty! I have that chevron mask too, I should give it a whirl. I have about 12 Mr Huey colors, maybe 14 by the end of July... you can use them all if you come over. :)
handmade_cass said…
Now of course I want to come over! We'll have to plan a craft date.