Skip to main content

watercolor pineapple

I wanted to send cards to a couple family members that visited recently, and the Hero Arts paper layering pineapple die was the perfect thing to get me started.
fresh crafts blog: watercolor pineapple
To start, I outlined the die on watercolor paper and colored it in using ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens (from the set of 36). When the watercolor was almost dry (because I am super impatient) I used the pineapple die, bent the layers back, and glued it onto a pre-made card.
fresh crafts blog: watercolor pineapple
I also used a die cut sentiment from Avery Elle's Stay Fresh set, and adhered it to the interior of the card. This also happened to be the perfect project for the Simon Says "Anything Goes" challenge this week.
fresh crafts blog: watercolor aloha card
Supplies:
die cuts - Hero Arts (paper layering pineapple), Avery Elle (stay fresh)
watercolor - ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens
watercolor paper - Loew Cornell
adhesive - Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue
card base - Michael's

Comments

jenn shurkus said…
beautiful!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!