Skip to main content

distress ink blending with the mini tool

I originally started this blog in 2009 when I was just trying Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the first time. I always got so frustrated when I would get rectangle shaped dark ink spots that were impossible to blend out. I eventually got a bit better at the blending but never really enjoyed it.
But all that has changed and I have a renewed love for these distress inks! The new mini ink blending tool from Ranger is so much easier to use. And how great is it that the blender pads fit into the bottom of the mini ink pads?!
I'm most excited to start making some night sky and sunset backgrounds. But today I needed to make up a sign for our guest room because we have a summer full of visitors. This sign will have all of our Wifi info so they can stay connected during their vacation with us. Does anyone else have a crazy complicated password? I guess I could try to figure out how to change it but that would take time away from crafts.
This project also forced me to do some heat embossing which rarely ends well. But I had also gotten a brand new Versamark Ink pad to see if that would help, and it was great! I think I somehow managed to get two bad embossing ink pads in a row. Or they were too old. But either way, it worked! And I am so happy that I got to finish a project after being inspired by Laura Bassen today.

Supplies
ink - Distress Inks by Ranger
mini ink blending tool - Ranger
mini mister - Ranger
US map stamp - Hero Arts
embossing - Versamark ink | Stampaholics powder
cardstock - Neenah Solar White | American Crafts
font - fresh crafts basic (created with iFont Maker app)

Comments

Kath Stewart said…
great job on the blending and embossing...what a wonderful way to welcome your visitors...thanks for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx