Skip to main content

happy halloween + crafts for kids

We've been busy with pumpkin crafts in our house!  
fresh crafts blog: crafts for kids
And since my mini crafter is so enthusiastic I have come up with some great ideas for encouraging her artistic flair.

  • Don't get rid of old scrapbooking supplies - let your kids use them.  It's free!
  • Use paper punches and double-sided Scotch tape for quick collages without any glue.  (I used an EK circle punch for the pumpkin eyes and a Marvy Uchida heart punch for the nose.)
  • Stickers make everything better - and Michael's has the best selection.  You can get a book of 300+ themed stickers for $1.  I think the brand is Darice and they are in the kid's craft area. (The stickers on the pumpkin above are from a fall themed sticker book.)
  • I initially started my little one with markers, but that proved to be a disaster.  Crayons were next and work well because they are cheap and easy to clean up.  But this set of colored pencils from Lakeshore Learning is the best option for my almost 2 year old right now.
  • And sometimes you don't even have to be doing a craft project - my little helper loves to sort through ribbons and play with a big box of popsicle sticks.  

Comments