Skip to main content

fresh mini album for mom

I had started this mini book way back in January, and intended it as a Valentine's Day gift for my mom.  But here we are three months later and I just gave it to her as a "thank you" gift.


It all started when I tried to do an at home photo shoot with the baby.  She was not feeling cooperative that day, so most pictures have mad faces, tears, or show her holding a nail clippers (because that held off the tears for a few extra minutes).  When I got the pictures back I knew that they all had to go into a book.  Enjoy!
The cover and pages of the book are all from a set of file folders that I bought at Target back when they had the special edition, Liberty of London prints.  Love these colors!  I used my trusty Zutter Bind-it-All and a red O-wire to put the book together.
On the first page I used watered down acrylic paint to get some hand prints.  Also found a rhinestone circle in my stash, then cut it in half to accent the date.  You can also see that I used my Stampin' Up tab punch for each page, and the Dymo label maker with a font script for tab labels. 
For the next spread I matted the smaller photos on white cardstock to make them stand out against the flower background. And as a pocket for a journaling spot I used my favorite Bitty Bags from Whisker Graphics.  The tulle ribbon on the tag  is the perfect light and airy addition - I am going to use that more often.
On this page I pulled out a photo corner punch from EK and added some pink photo corners on an otherwise very plain page. 
And felt flowers (cut from a long adhesive strip) from Kaiser Craft were an easy way to add some texture.  The purple flower uses layers of vintage book pages and Smooch Spritz for a lot of shine and dimension.
And here I wanted her work of art to take center stage, so I just punched out a few hearts from glitter paper and used a corner rounder on the photos.
My favorite piece of the album is the pink tag that I stitched using a technique I learned in a class from Amy Tangerine.  This page also has a die cut heart from Stampin' Up and I ruffled some crepe paper behind it.
I bought a few extra supplies that I didn't end up using in the book, so I'll have to come up with another pink project soon.  Let me know what you think about this mini book, and have a great weekend!

Comments