Skip to main content

fresh valentine's for 2012

Time to get started on my Valentine's Day cards, because it will be too late to mail them before I know it. I had started a couple cards at my last Stampin' Up class, but ran out of time and mojo.  So I put some finishing touches on these ones today and feel inspired to get a whole new batch done this weekend!
This is the "manly" card for my husband.  Not quite what I envisioned, but I know that he will still appreciate the fact that it's not solid pink.  The background is a small ledger stamp from Stampin' Up that I just used over and over again.  Although it was hard to get the image lined up each time, it adds the perfect aged patina I was looking for.
This card has lots of embossed texture.  The hearts on the front are all from an embossing/die folder.  Love those because you get double the fun with one pass through the Cuttlebug.  I also added a couple pearls on some smaller hearts to mimic the swiss dots embossing on the white stock.  A really fun and quick card to make.


Supplies:
All cardstock, stamps, ink, markers, dies, and punches are from Stampin' Up.

Comments