Skip to main content

fresh hexagons

Today I set out to use my new hexagon stamps from Papertrey Ink.  I have a bad habit of buying new stamps and then putting them away - never to be seen again.  Not this time!


I wanted to do various colors of pink and coral on the hexagons, and ended up using all VersaMagic and Brilliance inks.
After all that inking and cleaning and stamping and more cleaning (seriously, this took almost an hour to get about a dozen hexagons that I liked), I got stuck at this point.
I was thinking I would do a pennant banner hanging down with a sentiment on it.  Then I couldn't decide on a color for the pennant. So I considered something with pink baker's twine and buttons - too many trends I decided.  So I ended up with some hand lettering and a bumble bee because the hexagons reminded me of honeycomb.  Pink honeycomb.  And because I ran out of time.
Supplies:
Hexagon stamps: Papertrey Ink
Buble Bee stamp: Memory Box
Ink: VersaMagic and Brilliance
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Pen: Sakura Gelly Roll

Comments

listgirl said…
Looks awesome Cassi! Can't wait to use mine! :)