Skip to main content

first mother's day

Yay for mothers!  I can really celebrate since this is my first mother's day.  And while I'm on that topic, why did I ever think that I would have more time for craft projects if I stayed at home with the baby?  It was a rookie mistake.

But I have been spending every free minute I have (never longer than about 6 consecutive minutes) to make a beautiful card for my mom for mother's day.  And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I really like the end result.  Toot toot!

I started with a little kraft paper bag that I had gotten on my last trip to Paper Tales.  I knew that I would be able to use it for a future project and have been wanting to try making a inter-office style envelope like this.  My orange Crop-A-Dile (with the long reach) was able to set the eyelets that were layered over some cardstock circles (from Papertrey) that I had punched out.  And on one of the eyelets I also wrapped around some embroidery floss for the string before setting it with teh Crop-A-Dile.  Presto - awesome envelope!


The card all started when I got the sewing stamp set from Stampin' Up.  I had seen someone use the set on a card in the Split Coast Stampers newsletter, and had to get it.  I colored in the sewing machine and tape measure with my Copic markers.  Stamped buttons from a Hero Arts clear set and used Stickles for some shine.  Also added some faux stitching with a white gel pen on the pink circle (Papertrey cardtock for that as well as the buttons).


Since the sewing set from Stampin' Up didn't come with any sentiments I knew that I would have to get something to go along with it.  Then I found this alphabet set from Martha Stewart Crafts that can serve two purposes!  Since it is in a typewriter font I can also create sentiments for my typewriter stamp from Hero.  I love that this set has more than one of most letters so you can get a whole phrase without re-placing the letters on your clear block. 

Let's see when I can grab another 6 minutes to start something new!

Comments

Hey Cassi! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)