Skip to main content

finally finished the quilt - 2 years later!

With lots of help and moral support from my mom, the quilt that I started two years ago is done and ready for snuggling.  It would actually still be in pieces if she hadn't taken it from me and finished it herself!  I did all of the quilting on the long arm by myself, and helped with the binding (a little).  But it turned out great!



Frank has already made himself at home with the quilt and says that he prefers the minky backing for his naps.




My mom and aunts coached me on the long arm part of the quilting and made me practice my design on a white board beforehand - that was a good idea because it was harder than I expected!  I decided that I wanted contrast thread colors so you could see all of the hard work I did on the quilting: orange on top and brown on the back.




And to finish it off I signed my name in one of the bottom squares.  So glad it's done so I can start on a new project!

Comments