Skip to main content

fresh roses


Sometimes you just need to buy yourself some flowers! My husband surprised me with some houseguests and I needed a quick way to spruce up the house...and calm me down a bit. I was heading to the wholesale flower market to get some tulle ribbon (you'll see that used in some upcoming projects!) and decided to see what I could get for $10 in the huge flower fridge.

Turns out you can get two dozen beautiful roses for $14! So I splurged and got these lovelies. I was even excited to pull out a centerpiece vase from our wedding that has been in storage, and try out an arranging technique I learned from Martha Stewart. She suggests creating a grid on top of the vase with clear scotch tape. That way you have a lot more control over where the stems fall. I think it turned out pretty well on my first try! Here's a top view:

Comments